Young Hot & Modern is committed to providing interns with hands-on experience in journalism and social media marketing with our virtual internship programs. At YHM interns have the opportunity to create vibrant new sections to the upcoming magazine and craft their skills. The ideal candidates are experienced journalism, photojournalism or marketing students who have a keen interest in the media industry.
- Independently work on assignments virtually in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with editors to brainstorm new ideas and improve existing content.
- Attend and cover press events and shows as needed (New York interns).
- Conduct research on trends for politics, news, style, food, and culture beats.
- Applicants must be able to receive college credit.
- Skilled writers and editors (video, photo and WordPress experience is a HUGE plus).
- Have a unique, strong writing voice and excellent grammatical skills.
- Enjoy problem solving and coming up with creative ideas and solutions.
- Are self-motivated, ambitious and excellent leaders.
- Learn quickly and aren’t afraid to ask questions and get constructive feedback.
- Are incredibly detail-oriented.
Journalism – Fact check articles, transcribe interviews, pitch ideas, and write and research stories.
Social Media Marketing – Candidates must have a vast understanding of what kind of content performs well on social media and clued-in to pop culture. The role will involve drafting and scheduling social media posts for all of YHM’s social platforms and implementing marketing sponsorship and content.
Photojournalism – Conduct photo research, photograph interviews for upcoming features in the magazine, and photograph and write on New York street fashion. Photo interns will also have the opportunity to shoot for our look book. *Must be a New York applicant and own a SLR camera.
We’re looking for interns who are passionate about women issues, celebrities, fashion and entertainment. Enthusiasm, efficiency, and organizational skills are essential, in addition to proficiency with computers and social media.