Young Hot & Modern magazine is committed to providing interns with hands-on experience in journalism and social media marketing through our virtual internship programs. At YHM interns have the opportunity to create vibrant new sections to the upcoming magazine and craft their skills. The ideal candidates are experienced journalism, photojournalism or marketing students who have a keen interest in the media industry.
- Independently work on assignments in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with editors to brainstorm new ideas and improve existing content.
- Attend and cover press events and shows as needed (New York interns).
- Conduct research on trends for politics, news, style, food, and culture beats.
- Applicants must be able to receive college credit.
- Skilled writers and editors (video, photo and WordPress experience is a HUGE plus).
- Have a unique, strong writing voice and excellent grammatical skills.
- Enjoy problem solving and coming up with creative ideas and solutions.
- Are self-motivated, ambitious and excellent leaders.
- Learn quickly and aren’t afraid to ask questions and get constructive feedback.
- Are incredibly detail-oriented.
Editorial/Social Media Intern: This dual role will research and pitch stories, write/fact check features, and create visual/written content for our website, newsletter, and social media platforms. Additionally, our editorial/social media interns will assist in the creation of social media marketing partnerships. Candidates must have a vast understanding of what kind of content performs well on social media and be clued into pop culture and style trends.
Photo Intern: Conduct photo research, photograph interviews for upcoming features in the magazine, and photograph and write on New York street style. Photo interns will also have the opportunity to shoot for our look book. *Must be a New York applicant and own a DSLR camera.
We’re looking for interns who are passionate about women issues, celebrities, fashion and entertainment. Enthusiasm, efficiency, and organizational skills are essential, in addition to proficiency with computers and social media.