Move over One Direction there’s a new British
boy band making their way to the U.S! The incredibly talented foursome Rixton comprises of Jake Roche (lead singer), Danny Wilkin (bassist/keyboardist), Lewi Morgan (drummer) and Charley Bagnall (guitarist).
The group was discovered by The Wanted’s Nathan Sykes who then referred them to manager Scooter Braun. Rixton released their music video for their upbeat hit Make Out last October. The video parodies top-charting singles like Katy Perry’s Roar and Miley Cyrus’ Wrecking Ball. The comedic scenes include lots of cross-dressing, fun and of course making out!
We are crushing hard on Rixton from their rocking melodies to their cheeky accents. Here’s 11 reasons why you should love them too.
- They are one of MTV’s Artist to Watch. Last month they performed at the Artist to Watch showcase in L.A. which also featured Fifth Harmony and Tori Kelly.
- They do amazing covers on YouTube. Their videos are what first got them noticed by covering songs from Drake to Taylor Swift.
- Their appearances on the AwesomenessTV channel on YouTube, show they are both down to earth and hilarious. Here’s an episode of them learning to surf!
- Every now and then Rixters from London to New York gather up for a Pop-Up Show to watch a live performance and meet the boys.
- They can all play musical instruments. Talk about real talent!
- They have a very mix and eclectic sound. They play everything from R&B to straight up pop.
- Band members Lewi and Charley love tattoos. Charley has over 50 tats!
- They took part in UK’s Anti-Bullying Week and ran a music workshop to inspire kids to speak out.
- Their debut album will be released sometime this year.
- Rixton is all about connecting with their fan base. Sharing their Snapchat account is one of the many ways they do!
- And last but not least…they are major cuties!
Check out their acoustic version of their smash song Make Out.
By Ashley DeLuce