Whether you’ve just finished buying all your school supplies and dorm essentials or you’re just trying to get the basics for your makeup bag, buying quality beauty products shouldn’t have to be a hassle on your bank account. With the listed products below, your pockets will be thanking you!
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub, $6-9 (Walmart): This scrub does wonders exfoliating dead skin and combating acne at the same time. There’s a reason why it was named Allure Magazine’s Editors’ Choice.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, $9-14 (Drugstore.com): This lotion is committed to its advertisements. It truly moisturizes and it is great for those with sensitive skin.
- Ponds Clarant B3 Dark Spot Correcting Cream, $8-12 (Walmart): Within 3 weeks of use, you will see your dark spots start to disappear. This bottle is magic! You can also use it in place of your regular moisturizer because it’s just that good. There’s a cream for each skin type that will last practically a lifetime, seriously 😛!
- Freeman Feeling Beautiful Dead Sea Minerals Anti-Stress Mask, $4 (Walgreens): Stressed after a long day of classes or work? Sit back and put this mask on. Your skin will feel refreshed, poreless and baby soft after one use.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes, $4-6 (Walmart): Just as the label states, these wipes are indeed kind to your skin. It is just what you need after a long day or night out.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer, $3-7 (Target): It smooths your skin, eliminating huge pores and prepping your skin for a flawless application. A must-have.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, $6 (Ulta.com): Trade your brushes in for this awesome dupe of a blender. It has an added flat surface to blend products onto your forehead and under eye area.
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, $5-8 (Target): A foundation with SPF 10 that is guaranteed not to clog pores and flows onto skin seamlessly. It comes in Regular, Dewy + Smooth, and Matte + Poreless.
- L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer, $3-5 (L.A. Girl): Great coverage and blending all in one! You can find affordable prices at Walgreens and Drugstore.com but, sometimes the complete color collection is not available. Your best bet may be to order straight from L.A. Girl.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, $32 (MAC Cosmetics): SPLURGE ALERT! This is probably the most you’ll spend in this starter kit, but it is with good reason. This powder is just amazing and worth the price because it sets your finished face perfectly.
- Rimmel London Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tints, $3 (Walmart): Pack up your powdered blushes! These tints make it easy to apply to cheeks while lasting from morning until night.
- e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, $3 (Target): Slick down those hard to tame eyebrow hairs easily with this product.
- Milani Brow Tint Pen, $5-6 (Rite Aid): Get rid of your eyebrow pencils and get a clue! This is what your brows have been waiting for. It’s easy to clean up mistakes and it eliminates the harsh streaks issue you have with similar products.
- CoverGirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner, $6-8 (Target): Gives a great definition as an eyeliner and has a smudging end to help create a smoky eye when you’re on the go.
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, $3-6 (Target): If it isn’t broken, why fix it? Maybelline believes in this as it hasn’t changed its formula in 40 years! Trust us, it’s called the Great Lash for a great reason.
- e.l.f. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette, $10 (Target or eyeslipsface.com): This palette has an ample amount of colors to last you a lifetime (trust me, mine has). By matching these with a good primer, laying these babies on will be no problem.
- Maybelline The Blushed Nudes/The Nudes Palette, $8-12 (Kmart): Smoky eyes are now easier to attain with these palettes, whether you’re going for a light or dark look.
- Vaseline, $1-4 (Local drugstore): This should be a staple in everyone’s makeup basics. Proven to keep your lips soft and if you were looking for a lip scrub, just add sugar to this staple. You’re welcome!
- Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm, $3-5 (Walmart): The next thing to Vaseline is this product in a tube. Its various, fruity types are moisturizing while protecting your lovely lips with SPF 20.
- e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color, $3 (Target/eyeslipsface.com): The most affordable matte lips a gal can get! Get this matte lip in Cranberry to be on trend with the Fall 2015 colors.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, $6 (Target/Local beauty supply store): With its gorgeous range of lip colors, NYX’s lip cream is the most matte lip product in the game. I suggest Transylvania for the fall ladies.
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss, $5 (Target/Local beauty supply store): On the days where you want your lips to be glistening, put this on. The array of colors will have you wondering why you chose any other lip gloss.
- Nail-Aid Almost Gel Harder Nails, 3 Minute ArtificialsNail Hardener, $3 (Walmart): This top coat will have others asking you where you got your nails done. The top coat has an amazing shine that last and looks like gel.
- Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops, $3 (Ulta.com): Why wait for your nails to dry when you can use this? A few drops on each nail + 10 minutes and you can go on about your day without worrying about damaging your new set. *If you need a dupe, Brucci Nail Polish Dryer is about the same price and can be purchased at your local beauty supply store.*
Back-to-School Beauty Tip – On those groggy mornings when you feel and look dead, splash some ice water on your face. Not only does it wake you up but it closes your pores. Which products will you be getting? Or if you already have some of these, tell us which one is your absolute favorite! We’d love to hear from you.
Written by Sherdrain Johnson | Feature Photo: YHM Magazine Archive, Products: Brand Photo